• Contact the administrator of the center for recommendations on preparing for the examinations, instructions on the collection of biological material, to purchase the necessary disposable sterile glassware.• Try to avoid factors affecting the result of the analysis: physical activity (running, climbing stairs, etc.), emotional arousal. Before the procedure should rest for 10-15 minutes, calm down.
• It is advisable to take blood for analysis on an empty stomach. If a person does not tolerate hunger, a light breakfast is possible (cereal without milk and sugar, eggs, bread, tea, water. Sweet, fatty, and meat is not desirable). But there are types of studies that are given strictly on an empty stomach, these are: glucose, insulin, triglycerides, cholesterol, lipidogram.
Blood to determine the level of hormones is better to take up to 10 am, because Some indicators are subject to daily fluctuations. On the eve of donating blood do not drink alcoholic beverages, do not smoke 1 hour before donating blood.
Blood should not be donated immediately after X-ray, massage, reflexology, rectal examination or physiotherapy.
When examining women with the definition of reproductive hormones, it is necessary to report the day of the menstrual cycle or the exact duration of pregnancy.
• When preparing for the delivery of urogenital material for analysis (PCR scrapings, smears, bacterial PLATING, etc.) the following rules should be observed: avoid topical application of antiseptics and / or other antibacterial (antifungal) ointment preparations and suppositories; immediately before taking the material for 2-3 hours to refrain from urinating (for men); if possible, refrain from taking antibiotics for the last two weeks before taking the material; Before taking the material from women, it is desirable to “not be carried away” with hygienic procedures.
Urogenital intake is an invasive procedure, after which unpleasant sensations are possible (burning sensation during urination, slight spotting; It must be borne in mind that many drugs have a significant effect on laboratory parameters. Therefore, when taking any drugs, report this during testing.
• Coprogram: in the morning after normal bowel movement, collect 10 grams of feces (approximately 1 teaspoon) in a container or well-washed jar. Deliver to the laboratory within 2-3 hours. In the summer, before transportation, store in a cool place. You can not take feces after enemas, rectal suppositories, castor oil (laxative).
Fecal occult blood is collected in the same way as for coprogram.
Microbiological examination of feces: feces collected as usual – 10 grams of feces (1 tsp but only in a special sterile container.
To take the analysis not earlier than 5-7 days after taking antibiotics.
preparation for analysis
Urinalysis: when you first urinate, first 1-2 seconds rush into the toilet, then into a special container for collecting urine or a well-washed jar (collect approximately 50-100 ml of urine). Tightly close and deliver to the laboratory within 1-2 hours.
• Preparation for the analysis of semen:
1. Exposure of sexual intercourse and ejaculation 3-5 days until the analysis.
2. For 2-3 days, do not drink alcohol (including beer) and potent drugs.
3. It is not advisable to collect sperm during inflammatory diseases and fever.
4. For 3 days exclude overheating of the genital area (bath, sauna).
5. On the eve of the test, avoid stress and excessive physical exertion.
Collect sperm by masturbation in a special container. You can collect both at the medical center and at home and deliver to the laboratory within 1 hour at a temperature of 34-37C.
During semen collection, do not use interrupted sexual intercourse and a condom. It is important to collect the entire amount of material.
• Preparing the patient for a demodex test (eyelashes, skin material)
It is advisable to exclude the use of any creams, lotions, do not use drugs before taking the material on Demodex, for 3 days.
On the day of delivery of the biomaterial, do not wash the area from which it is supposed to take the biomaterial, do not use any skin care products.
Preparation for the analysis of “postcoital test”
The test is carried out in the period of ovulation (about 12-14 days of the menstrual cycle), when the consistency of mucus in the cervix is most favorable for the penetration of spermatozoa.
Abstinence from sexual intercourse for 3 days prior to the study.
4-5 days before and on the day of the study, do not use any vaginal medications, douching.
Sexual contact should take place on the night before the study.
After intercourse, rest in bed for about 30 minutes, do not take a hot bath.
A woman needs to come to the laboratory for the collection of biomaterial 9-12 hours after sexual intercourse.
Microbiological studies (bac. Crops) are recommended to be carried out before the start of treatment or not earlier than 5–7 days after the end of taking.
Microbiological research of sputum : Collect morning portion of sputum before eating, got by coughing up. Before the taking of material it is necessary carefully to rinse a mouth. It is also necessary to avoid getting of saliva and secret of epipharynx to the sample . Collection is carried out in the special sterile container. Need to be delivered in a laboratory during 2-3 hours.
Microbiological research of human milk : human milk is collected in the special sterile container separately for every mammary gland. Before collection of milk wash down hands and mammary glands with soap, process a mamilla and peripapillary area with the tampon moistened in a 70% alcohol.You must delete first 10 mls of milk, collect subsequent 5-10 mls in a sterile container. Sample must be delivered in a laboratory during 2-3 hours.
Microbiological research of material from a pharynx, cavity of mouth, epipharynxs is conducted on an empty stomach or in 2 hours after-meal. Before having analuses for it isn’t recomended to rinse the cavity of mouth, to clean teeth, and to smoke. During twenty-four hours you must avoide applying local antibacterial drugs.
• Ultrasound of the kidneys, thyroid gland special training is not required
• Ultrasound of the pelvic organs: gynecological examination – no preparation is required, examination of the prostate gland, bladder –
drink at least 1 liter of non-carbonated liquid 1-1.5 hours before the test
• Ultrasound examination of the mammary glands is not required special training, it is desirable to conduct a study on 5-10 d.m.
• Ultrasonography of vessels of the neck and lower extremities – no preparation is required.
• Ultrasound of the heart – exclude the reception write 3 hours before the study.
The Holter monitoring procedure is simple and safe. On the first day, the device is installed. It takes about 10 minutes and does not require special
preparation. The next day, the device is removed and data analysis is carried out. In our center, research is conducted on an outpatient basis.
Preparing for Holter ECG Monitoring
1. It is recommended to take a shower, because after installing the electrodes for 24 hours, water procedures cannot be taken.
2. Men remove (if necessary) hair from the front surface of the chest.
How to behave during Holter monitoring
We recommend keeping a diary to all patients during Holter monitoring, in which it is necessary to note their well-being, complaints, type of activity, exercise, medication, wakefulness and sleep. First of all, the occupation during the whole monitoring and the physiological state are described: sleep, exercise, walking, jogging, driving a car, emotional stress.
Just in time, complaints are noted, in connection with which monitoring and other subjective sensations are carried out: weakness, dizziness, pressure in the chest, asphyxiation, palpitations, indisposition, pain in the region of the heart and other localization.
Spirometry is performed from 6 years of age, in the morning, on an empty stomach or several hours after breakfast. This procedure is quick and painless, without giving the patient discomfort.